In Pin Drop, a "pin" is a marker that is placed on a map to indicate a specific location or point of interest. Pins can be customised with different colours, and icons to help users quickly identify and differentiate between different types of locations.
Pins can have a variety of information attached to them (depending on membership level) and can be public (discoverable to anyone) or private (just you).
Users can add pins to a map manually by searching for a location or by dropping a pin on the map at a specific location. Pins can also be imported from other sources, such as Google My Maps.
Pins can be used to mark a wide range of locations, such as:
- Customer / prospective customer locations
- Equipment and asset locations
- Job sites
- Hotels and restaurants
- Tourist attractions
- Geocaching and letterboxing waypoints
- Personal points of interest such as favourite stores, parks and more
Users can also customise the pins to suit their needs, for example, using different colours for different types of locations. With Pin Drop, users can easily create and share custom maps that are tailored to their specific needs and interests.
A "group" is a place where people can come together and share pins into a group view. On Pro you can have a fully collaborative, realtime experience.
Users can add pins and tags into a group. On free you are limited to public groups and only a handful of users in a group. Upgrade for private groups with anything up to unlimited capacity.
Groups are perfect for teams within a company or for coming together with other like-minded people or hobbyists.
On the Pro plan, users can also share groups with other users, allowing for easy collaboration and communication among team members. For example, a construction manager can share a group of job sites with his team, or a travel planner can share a group of hotels and restaurants with a group of friends.
A "guide" is a way to organise and group together multiple maps. A guide allows users to have a central location to access and manage multiple maps related to a specific topic, project or theme.
Users can create custom guide and add maps to them. For example, a user can create a guide for "Travel" and add all the maps related to their planned trip. This allows for easy organisation and quick access to all the related maps.
Guides can also be shared with other users, allowing for easy collaboration and communication among team members. For example, a real estate agent can share a collection of maps of properties for sale with potential buyers, or a city planner can share a collection of maps of different neighbourhoods with city officials.
Here's a few examples of how people use guides:
- Travel planning: Create a guide of maps for a specific trip, including maps of hotels, restaurants, and tourist attractions. Share the collection with friends and family to help plan and organise the trip.
- Real Estate: A real estate agent can create a guide of maps of properties for sale and share it with potential buyers. The collection can include maps of each property, as well as maps of nearby amenities and points of interest.
- Construction: A construction company can create a guide of maps for each construction project. Maps can include job sites, equipment locations, and employee locations. The collection can be shared with team members for easy collaboration and communication.
- City Planning: A city planner can create a guide of different neighbourhoods in the city, including maps of parks, schools, and transportation. The collection can be shared with city officials and community members for input and feedback.
- Event Planning: An event planner can create a guide of maps for an event, including maps of the venue, parking, and nearby hotels and restaurants. The collection can be shared with attendees to help them plan and navigate the event.
- Geocaching and letterboxing: A geocacher or letterboxer can create a guide of maps of caches and letterboxes they've found, and share it with other enthusiasts.
- Personal Interests: A user can create a guide of personal interests, such as favourite stores, parks and hiking trails. The collection can be shared with friends and family to help plan activities and outings.
Pin Drop offers a multi-stop routing feature that allows users to create and optimise routes with multiple stops.
The multi-stop routing feature allows users to create a route that visits multiple locations in the most efficient order. This can be especially useful for businesses that have a mobile workforce, such as delivery companies, or for personal use like road trips and planning a day out.
Users can also customise a route by adding or removing stops, changing the order of stops, and adjusting the starting point and end points. Additionally, the feature provides directions and estimated travel times between each stop, helping users to plan and optimise routes. You can also save, share and broadcast your location with others. Only available on Pin Drop Pro.
With Pin Drop Pro users can make use of tasks for task management, tracking, and accountability. The app's location tracking and real-time updates features make it easy for users to assign tasks and monitor progress among their workforce.
- Assigning tasks: Pin Drop allows users to assign tasks to specific team members and track their progress in real-time. Users can also set due dates and notifications for tasks, ensuring that they are completed on time.
- Location tracking: With Pin Drop, users can track the location of team members and ensure that they are completing tasks at the correct locations. This is especially useful for businesses that have a mobile workforce, such as delivery companies or field service teams.
- Real-time updates: Pin Drop provides real-time updates, so users can always stay informed about the latest developments. Users can see which tasks have been completed, which are in progress, and which are yet to be started.
- Access and Permissions: Pin Drop allows for managing access and permissions. Users can assign different access levels to team members, such as view-only or editing access. This ensures that only the relevant team members have access to the tasks and information they need.
Adding tasks to your Pin Drop is a great way to manage ad-hoc tasks, report issues in a timely and elegant way and also document and record regular, day to day schedules. Only available on Pin Drop Pro.
Real-time sharing on Pin Drop allows users to selectively share their location, assets, and other information in real-time with specific individuals, groups or your entire company. This feature can be used for a variety of purposes, such as:
- Selective location sharing: Pin Drop allows users to selectively share their location with specific individuals or groups, ensuring that only the people who need to know have access to this information.
- Asset tracking: Real-time sharing feature can be used to track the location of assets in real-time, such as vehicles, equipment, or other valuable items. This can be especially useful for businesses that need to keep track of multiple locations or mobile assets.
- Automatic geo-based alerts: Send automatic alerts based on a user's location, such as when they enter or leave a specific area. This can be useful for businesses that need to keep track of employee attendance, or for personal use like reminding someone to pick something up from a store.
- Mobile workforce visibility: Track the location of mobile workforces in real-time. This can be especially useful for businesses such as delivery companies, field service teams, and other types of mobile workers.
- Collaboration: Users can share their location and other information in real-time with specific individuals or groups. This can help to improve collaboration and communication among team members.
- Personal safety: Users can share their location with loved ones in real-time when they are out by themselves. This can provide peace of mind and added security, especially when traveling, running errands or going for a hike alone. It can also be used to track children or elderly family members, ensuring they are safe while they are out.
This feature can be especially useful for businesses that need to keep track of multiple locations or mobile assets, and for improving collaboration and communication among team members. Only available on Pin Drop Pro.